HONEST IN BUSINESS, MEANING OF TRUTHFULNESS, ATTRIBUTES, REWARDS AND FAIR PLAY—BY INSTRUCTOR EUNICE OKOYE.
MEANING OF TRUTHFULNESS: Truthfulness means saying what is true all the time either conveniently or inconveniently. To be truthful is to be honest.
ATTRIBUTES OF TRUTHFULNESS.
1. A truthful person must be reliable.
2. He must be straightforward in his manner.
3. He must be trustworthy.
4. He must be faithful in all things.
5. He must be honest.
6. He must not go along with people doing wrong things.
7. His yes must be yes all the time.
FACTORS THAT CAN MAKE PEOPLE TO TELL LIE AND STEAL.
1. Inability to be honest.
3. When someone could not get what he needs.
4. When a person is not satisfied with what he has.
5. Covering up bad behaviour which may be exposed in future.
REWARDS OF TRUTHFULNESS.
1. A truthful person is a righteous person both in and outside the community.
2. He will be respected wherever he goes.
3. He will be considered first in the community.
4. His conscience is always clear.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT BEING TRUTHFUL.
1. It will spoils the image or intergrity of a person.
2. It will goes back to the person in future.
3. It causes fear in the mind of the person.
4. The intergrity of such person will be questionable.
5. It will leads to weak conscience.
FAIR PLAY: Fair play is a principle of playing according to the rules in games or business without cheating. To treat everyone as one.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A FAIR PLAY.
5. Giving everyone equal chance no matter religion or ethics.