DEFINITION, COMPONENTS AND IMPORTANCE OF BUSINESS STUDIES…BY INSTRUCTOR EUNICE OKOYE.
Business studies can be defined as a subject that deals with various methods used in educating and organising business with the purpose of making profit. It has the following components:
1. Office practice
3. Book keeping and Account.
5. Keyboarding and Computer Studies.
IMPORTANCE OF BUSINESS STUDIES: The importance of business studies to our society are as follows:
1. Students who want to further their education will have opportunities to study accounting and business administration in tertiary institutions.
2. Business studies an opportunity for gainful employment in related field.
3. It will help students to get certain basic skills that will be useful in running of business activities.
4. It makes an individual to keep a proper book of account.
5. It enables an individual to set up and manage an office.
6. It assists individuals to establish lucrative businesses.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN BUSINESS STUDIES: Career opportunities in business studies refer to the employment opportunities that are opened to students in business studies in future. These include; Accounting, International business, Finance, Banking, Insurance, Risk management, Business administration, Economics, Stockbroking and Marketing.