FIRST AIDER AND SAFETY EDUCATION—–BY INSTRUCTOR MRS. GRACE K.
MEANING OF FIRST AIDER: A first Aider can be defined as a person trained to give temporary assistance to an injured person before taken to the hospital or before the arrival of the doctor.
QUALITIES OF A GOOD FIRST AIDER: A good first aider must be cheerful, tactful, bold, wise, a good observer, knowledgeable, must be cleaned always, careful, responsible, resourceful and sympathetic without being emotional.
SAFETY EDUCATION: Safety education can be seen as a preventive measure, training or teaching giving to someone against accidents, dangers, injuries situation during physical activities.
SAFETY PRECAUTION DURING SPORTS AND GAMES:
1. Make sure you warm your body up before taking part in sports and games.
2. Ensure that the environment is conducive for sports activities.
3. Sports wears and custumes must be worn.
4. Make sure you start from simple to difficult activities.
5. Ask questions when you are in doubt or confused.
6. Make sure the equipment is not faulty.
7. Follow the instructions given to you always.
SAFETY: Safety can be seen as a freedom from harmful or dangerous things.
SAFETY PRECAUTION: Safety precaution is defined as preventive measure against accident or injuries during sports and games.